View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #270
jack splash OP
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,232
Update 3/24

Hey: Here's some answers and new info.

First a word from our sponsor, call for tires, gear and parts.

The Hotel, the Hammonton Howard Johnsons 609 561 5700 still has rooms left, mention the PB300, there's only a hand full,
so hurry if you want to stay at the Hotel. Thats where the fun is.

There's a chance this guy may attend,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZe4...m_medium=email

He's a "friend" of ours and a blast to ride with, his "dirt stoppies" are nuts!

I'm still waiting for the final approval of the routes, most of the route was approved, but I can't finish the
GPS route till I have everything.

What I can say about the route is this, Saturday is going to be a longer day than before, appx 200 miles,
there are some new sections, and Rocky's Big Bike Enduro section is back. There are go arounds for the
enduro stuff, and bail out spots for those running late.

Sunday is appx 125 miles and is usually an easier day.

The Forest is dry for this time of year, it never even froze over during the winter, so the sand will be looser
than the two 2011 PB300's. Over the years we've cut out alot of the long, deep, sand roads, but you can't
avoid them completly. Good tires help to get you thru, get 90% dirt 10% street tires if possible.

Make sure your bike is preped and ready for a long ride.

We have support trucks along the route with tools, air and first aid, we have EMT's on the crew, and sweep riders to help out.
We try to make this event as safe and fun as possible, and use the crew resources for "real" emergency's, we perfer not to
have to rescue a machine broken due to lack of maintenance.

In the past, we've had to rescue machines in the woods with broken chains, wheel bearings, and cables, that quite frankly, should have been replaced before the event. One time a guys bike wouldn't start in the parking lot, they pushed started him and he started the ride, guess who we had to rescue shortly after.

The entry's are coming in and is almost full, I expect it to be sold out by next week, there's still time and we don't want to turn anyone
away, so make up your mind, and get your machine ready for a "vacation on a dirt bike".

I'll send out a test email this weekend to those signed up.

Thanks

Jack, Cross Country Cycle and the PB300 crew.

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com

jack splash screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 07:24 AM
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote