View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 887
First Solo overnight ride :D

It's been a minute, but I've really been struggling with taking care of my bikes which is why I've not been posting some trips on here. This past week tho I had an opportunity to meet up with some friends in Asheville, N.C. I have never been on a solo overnight trip, especially with people I barely know. The '81 Honda Hawk is my big girl that had been running well for the past month, so I made plans for Asheville!

Then Monday night (planning on leaving Tuesday morning) I noticed gas leaking from behind the carb on a gasket . So I panicked, and fiddled around with it. I decided to wait until the morning to see what the decision would be in either taking the car or the bike.
Morning came, no leaks! and I felt soooooo proud of myself. Woo Hoo! After figuring out the Wolfman Tailbag for 20 minutes, I was finally on my way to Asheville

These pics aren't great, but the iPhone is all I got

This was taken on 64 at the first TVA dam, my first break after leaving Chattanooga. More to come

Also, the main reason why my friends were up in Asheville is b/c they were doing a Micro-Brewery tour