View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #35
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Stopping for fuel every 160kms sounds good to me!
Afterall that is 100 miles... nice to stretch the legs,grab a drink or take a whiz.

You know, there is an old saying, somthing like: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow and that could never be truer.
Besides 99% of the people responding 'how slow' an old RD350 is couldn't begin to ride it at its limit.

In fact, sadly, I'm willing to bet 90% of the posters on this site have never twisted the throttle on a two-stroker, and quite frankly have no clue what they're talking about. It's a completely different experience coming onto the powerband than any 4 stroke.

Regardless, it's my experience that most who own an old smoker do so for a variety of reasons. Maybe it's a chance to relive your youth or to ride a bike once out of reach, or maybe you like wrenching on your own ride and there is nothing easier than a 2 stroke. Or maybe you like the frenetic power deliver when it hits, or the distinctive sound. Or maybe you like hitting the throttle in town and being able to keep it under mach1. Or how about embarrassing mega cruisers or smaller sportbikes from light to light. Or power wheelies in first and second. Or maybe just the smell of castrol... lol
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote