View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #34
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadius_maximus View Post
Hey Bern,

How are you feeling? I took a bit of a get-off this weekend - sore as well ... :)

Hope all is well - look forward to hearing about the headlight developments.

cheers,

CM
I survived our enduro ride from Grand Junction to Moab (140ml) and beat the shcrap out of ourselves and our bikes. It was a fun experience but took me three hours longer (12 total) than last year since we took a detour to Top of the World and ended up riding/carrying other people's bikes up some of the hills. Loads of fun and great camaraderie.

The fairing worked great on the trail and the open dirt roads that we hammered down. I also wiped out a couple times on the rocks and the fairing is just fine since it is not exposed (unless you loop the bike). For my purposes I am going to trim about 1 1/2 inch from the top.

I received the (5) LED lights in, however they are not satisfactory for what I am looking for. It has a built in fan and is vented so it needs a housing or sorts to keep water out. I can send you a pic of one it might work for some but not for my extreme purposes.

For lights I will be converting to the Rigid Dually lights that I now carry http://www.aimhi-enduro.com/LED-High...-Lighting.html which are vented but have a Gore Tex membrane for water protection. The cost/size is also perfect including the sturdy mounting points.

Just catching up but should have the Rigid's mounted up in a week or so.

Note the inmate with the Fox Racing Knickerbocker Jeans

On the way to Moab - close to Dewey Bridge

Top of the World Baby

aiMhi screwed with this post 03-29-2012 at 02:08 PM
aiMhi is online now   Reply With Quote