View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #51
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrasser View Post
No but the Kaw H-1 certainly did and it was powered by an oil burner. My Yamaha 500 twin could handle circles around that limp pasta framed 2T

Guess that was the diff btwn purpose built race bikes and racing a converted street bike.

I had a TX 500, I think it was pretty close to what an XS was. Okay commuter bike but I dont think I would even try to compare it to an H1. Matter of fact when the H1 hit the streets I dont recall much of anything on the street that would stay close on any straight away. While I dont doubt the XS handled better, it's frame was stressed with about 20 less horsepower than the H1 was putting out. With my TX I steered clear of RD's, the Suzuki GT380's and the S-3 Kawasaki. I wont say my TX was a good bike because it wasnt, but I wont say the 2 strokes were bad bikes, because they werent.

As I said about the RD, he pulled away from the TR hard enough that he could go slower thru the corners and I was still far back.

Was your H1 a race series bike?

IBA 22425

perterra screwed with this post 03-29-2012 at 07:08 PM
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote