View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #78
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine.hale View Post
I'm scheduled to pick up the Bandidos on Easter Sunday.
Guess you guess will get treated to more pics after that. I'm actually going to use almost everything on the bike for the racer. The forks will need modifying, brakes will need some adjustments, clip ons, frame reinforcements etc etc.
Woooo! This is all starting a lot faster than I imagined.
So you will take the original Bultaco brakes, as I know they tried to develop their brakes and did make som noticable improvement but still even the later brakes are ... well ... I like Bultacos very much but the truth is the truth ... crap.

I'am very lucky that my Bultaco has the theoretical maximum speed of 90km/h or 55 miles/h down the hill and with wind from behind. Still I would guess I need twice as much of braking distance on the street as if I would have bad maintainced Grimca hubs mounted but my Sherpa is a trials machine so there is no need.

Maybe there are steel liners inside I do hope so for you if not ... there is a swap available maybe Bultaco did here too some improvements as they did to the engine comparement, this will be interesting.

The forks look nice, hopefully they are still straight? If not this will cost some money but the difference between stanchions that are only 2mm out of straight to a pair that is really straight and with fresh + polished chrome is worth the money. If you need new and probably also progressive springs and adjustable preload Magical offer this feature very recommended in my personal view.

Looking forward to the next steps, well done so far.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote