View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 6,958
It all begins

with an idea...to get out of town and away from the madness of the city. A stop at REI brought me some more gadgets and most importantly a good map

I know better than to take the 4x4 required canyon trails, but I do want to get out of the pavement.

My original plan was to get out the Racetrack on day one and camp Homestead, but fear got the best of me and talk of the nasty road surface made me decide to get to Wildrose campground instead. The map stated Heavy Duty tires required, the Ranger said everyday we have vehicles with multiple flats out there, another much better sounding ranger chick said the rocks on that road are the same material the natives made arrowheads out of ADV guys said "Everytime I go out there at least one guy gets a flat" It was a fear that I would get some failure of the Tourances I couldn't plug or patch and be stranded...looking back now, I regret giving in to the fear.

The loose plan was to ride from Ventura 250ish miles see Mount Whitney in Lone Pine and then unto Father Crowley Point, the Charcoal Kilns, Zabriski Point, Dante's Views, Ubehebe Crater, Titus Canyon, Artist Drive, BadWater, Teakettle Junction and the Race Track...fuel up every chance I had, carry two extra oh shit gallons of fuel and one oh fuck gallon of water with I am going to be out here for awhile stove and some Backpacker's Pantry.

cRAzY

UpST8 screwed with this post 04-02-2012 at 09:25 PM
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote