View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #66
PERRO-FROM-HELL
Life is good

Oddometer: 82
My First Noobs Rally

Let's start with I'm a noob, but also hungry to learn from all of you experienced ADVriders.

After joining ADVrider on early January I was reading about this epic ride (some days it was really hard to keep up reading, too many comments or some good human drama, and YES what an experience! It has everything a motorcycle enthusiast is looking for: paradise, nature, great people to meet and see again and of course new great friends. Did I mention I'm Colombian? if not here you go, just in case you get bored from the accent on my typing...

I leave early on Thursday to meet Fudgypup (Eric) and Motok (Prakash).

Quick stop after Trona for a mandatory pic

On Friday morning we get together at 8:45 a.m. to meet with our Rider leader GalaticGS. Here is MotoK ready for the adventure of his life...

After Chloride Cliffs we went east towards Beaty and the ride became a bit challenging. I was doing pretty good after Fudgypup good advices at Hesperia training day last weekend but Motok did loose control and his brand new Suzuki landed on his feet. GalacticGS act as a real Leader call 911 and took reigns of the situation.

We waited for about 45 minutes and a 4x4 fire department truck show-up to pick Motok and take him to the ambulance a couple of miles down the road.

Don't worry Motok, you will heal pretty soon and we will be here to ride with you

We decided to continue and had lunch at Beaty. Fudgyup was the new captain in charge while GalacticGS went back to camp to find somebody with a truck to pick MotoK and his bike. You are a good leader Larry, I've learned a lot from you that day.

Here is the new captain Fudgypup leading the remain 6 riders.

Nice ride at Ryolite

Titus Canyon, what a place

Made safe to camp! and the signature photo pose! Que Chimba!

Day 2 Saturday

With the race track in our minds, fudgypup (Eric), scrambleon (Josh) and I decided to go and check it out.

Pics at Saline Valley

Stop at Hunter mountain

Down to Teakettle

And then Race Track yeah!!!

Next stop, Ubehebe Crater

Death Valley's sunset as pretty as can be

On Sunday I rode solo to Long Beach. It was a mix of peacefulness and a satisfaction feeling, GRACIAS Joel for organizing this event and encourage me to join this ride. I'm IN for the next one!!!!!!

PERRO-FROM-HELL is offline   Reply With Quote