View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #12
motomark39
I reckon so

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Why not. Are you implying that most here not capable of civil discussions?

I never claimed one shouldn't wear ANY gear and I clearly stated I have and wear different helmets, jackets, golves etc. depending on the type of riding I do but it seems like anyone not riding ATGATT is castigated on this site and yet I contend that many here claiming the importance of ATGATT are in fact at times NOT ATGATT themselves.

Why the double standard? Is it simply a commentary on man's insecurities where he feels compelled to point out his own perceived imperfections in others, or is that we care so much for our fellow man that we say and do with nothing but the purest intentions to promote and protect fellow man.

I have my opinion, let's here others.
So this isn't about ATGATT, but about a perceived double standard and the effect is has when others voice their opinions on it, and the inability to LET IT GO, since this is a forum and folks on here sayin' S#%@ might not even really ride......I saw a guy the other day in shorts and a wife beater and tennies TEXTING while riding in moving traffic on a busy two lane road, a classic cruiser dude.......my son wanted to follow to see how long he would last....