View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #72
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,064
Wear what you want...

I have to admit, however, to being predjudiced against those who don't at least wear helmet, boots and gloves. I figure they are just kind of stupid as these are the most likey and vulnerable appendages to be injured badly even in a low speed crash. which is all too likely to happen at some point considering even the everyday obstacles that we confront.

But, like I say, everyone is perfectly entitled to make their own choices that suit them at the time. I choose to ride mostly ATGATT, usually this is in my 2 piece 'stich with FF, gauntlets and touring boots. Occasionally, when it is hot, I will wear shorty gloves, open as many zippers as possible and even skip the pants. If I lived down south again I would probably modify this with some sort of mesh suit.

Over all? Big Deal, Who Cares, I certainly don't care what I look like to the average Joe Fabeetz riding his Hardley or clone, wearing T-shirt, shorts and sandals. HE looks ridiculous!

P.S. What's with all thehiking boots

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch

SlipChip screwed with this post 04-06-2012 at 03:29 PM
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote