View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #18
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Those ASO tours of the bivouac look disappointing. You walk as a group on a tour through camp. Didn't look like fun.

Last year there were some press vehicles selling seats in their trucks, also entitles you to sleep in the bivouac. Ya you don't get to see the racing much but being in camp everyday is very cool

Chasing the race on a bike looked like fun but again you likely will not see much actual racing as you'll be pounding miles just trying to keep up. If it were me (and th thought has crossed my mind ) I would chase on a Bike, skip every second day, enjoy the riding (as it looks awesome), camp in the desert along side the track every second day so you can watch every competitor go by. 7 days of watching the racers go by, camping beside the track each night. Some fun getting off the roads to find cool camp spots with a view. With a bit of planning it could be a very cool trip, not cheap but very cool

Renting a bike...not sure about border crossing and the reliability of rental bikes. Shipping a bike $$$ but seems like the way to go.

Yes I have given this some serious thought
Shout me a pm if you get to the point where you become serious about going
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post
very hard the do because o the crow's,Best way is see the race evry other day and leap frog the course, camp in a remote area and see the rally pass the next morning .,repeat every night o every other night iff needed.

best plan ever.

I'm not too much of a "guided tour" guy, neither am i interested much in following the rally on a 6x6 or even a 4x4. 2x1 is where all the fun is .

I'm in to be part of a (small-ish) group of 4-5 ADVriders following the rally per Deadly's above plan. Lets do this !!!! What could possibly go wrong. Our very own Pyndon is going to be Dakar'ing in 2013 so you have all the justification you need to give SWMBO ....
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote