View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #48
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
Guys you can't go wrong with a Woody's 21" up front.
Other than a squeaky brake issue Woody and I have been trying to sort out (odd duck thing not normal) I have been 100% happy with my 21" Superlight and the Excel rim.
Strong and ZERO issues. I put it through the wringer all the time when I ride.
Jumps, Whoops, rocks, ruts you name it I have no fear of taking it on with that rim. Now my stock rear.....yeah that one I expect to be in for a re-build in short order, but so far it's hanging tough.
Any how couple quick boring pics from a first ride of the season yesterday and one from Moab because I just love that place.... One is middle of a pretty big whoops section I was playing on rather hard, the frame just before this one is the bike bottomed out in the bottom.....
Oh yeah tubed front and tubeless rear....I have not had one single flat and I have aired down to like 22 numerous times with it.
On street at 26 and it feels pretty good. I am not gentle on it either. I ride hard in the corners. She has seen 80+ on numerous occasions and I road to Moab and back on a MT21 at 33lbs without issue at those kinds of speeds. Tubed is not an issue IMO.

I have hit stuff with that front I was SURE bent the rim and it is not even the slightest out of true yet.
Oh and the wheelies are coming along much better now with that lighter front wheel....
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com

fitenfyr screwed with this post 04-08-2012 at 11:34 PM
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote