View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #919
tex99999
Ferryman

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMPAJIM View Post
Love it. I don't think you can buy a better touring screen for the f800 GS at any price.

Never. I don't find the angle to be that critical. I set mine at about the same angle as the front forks cause I think it looks good. Just don't set it too upright as the air flow starts to stall and you get buffeting .

I do adjust the height. High (moustache level) for touring and winter, lower for summer to get some breeze.

The bottom of the plastic shield should set high enough so at least 1"-2" of the flyscreen is exposed for best laminar flow.

The space between the flyscreen and the plastic shield should be around 2". More gap at the bottom is OK but leave at least 2" at the top of the flyscreen.
I agree with Jim,
When I picked up my screen from Mark, he adjusted on more of an angle than it is right now (see picks on website). 3 hours later I dumped it in the sand at at a state park and had to reset it up. I have it more upright and it still works great. I have the light grey (18" and I'm 5'10") and visibility is never an issue. Since the day I re-adjusted it, it's never been touched (10,000 mi). Once I took the side wings off and a half hour later put them back on. I was too spoiled with the quiet peace behind the screen...

Jon