View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,188
Howdy All,

Another day in the park, another road to travel. Saw a lot of neat flowering plants on this road here's some photos.

Detail of the flower on the plant pictured above this photo.

I was surprised by how much grass was growing in some of the old dry creek beds.

Small bushy trees were everywhere.

After leaving the dirt road I rode on the main paved hwy that crosses the park and goes into Mexico. I didn't cross the border I had no interest in visiting that part of Mexico. Here's some shots taken at or near the border crossing.

You can't bring guns into Mexico but once your there you can buy one that was probably supplied by our government to the drug dealers that have half of this park closed to public use.

The Ural loaded in the back of the toy hauler, the next morning I leave the Organ Pipe Park and head for Craig and Jenny's home in Hesperia California where I'll be camped in Craig's front yard until I head back north toward home a week or so later.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in Organ Pipe Park, its a totally different type of desert then the ones I am used to seeing and camping in, so much plant life, so green, it really is a magical place. Stay tuned.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote