View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
andrewgore OP
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,343
Quick update before I get myself back to my standard mold design mode.

What I thought was a top end....then bottom end....then found it to be the primary gear:

Turns out that the single 6mm screw that holds the shifter mechanism in, on the clutch side was not installed with loctite from the factory. It worked it's way out and into my gears. Thankfully I was able to recover all the shards of material that broke, negating the need to split the cases & inspect the trans side. Find a gear proved to be more difficult than if the crank had gone.

I searched long and hard online for a replacement. Dealers could get me the gear, but could only order it WITH the matching clutch basket....for a healthy $$$. After scouring the internet & various other locations, I was contacted by someone with the gear I needed for my bike. Couple days later & my engine is ready to go back together. Looks like I'll be racing the husky this weekend after all

Ahhhh fresh gear:

Quite excited for Sundays Enduro! I'll post how things go. Got a buddy who will be riding with me on a KDX (his first Enduro). Should be a good time.

-Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote