Thread: Rekluse EXP
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #100
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somber View Post
EXP installed on my 2010 Adv R, no drama, set it up per included instructions, been riding for a week, seems to be working well.

I saw some questions about engine braking on the street, in my experience with the way the unit is working on my bike, I can "downshift" and backdrive the drivetrain to keep everything engaged and enjoy standard engine braking, I could purposefully let the bike get into freewheel mode and coast where it would require a throttle blip to "reengage", but that isn't the norm for me, 99.9% of the time I'm riding as I did before I got the Rekluse, but not having to mess with the clutch lever, and very much enjoying pulling up to the gate at work and not having to hunt for N so I can show my badge, enjoying the low speed control with effectively no fear of stalling, etc...

so, all good for me thus far. I'm a bit worried about super steep descents, because they can give me the willies regardless, but I'm hoping/assuming I'll adjust to that also, and yes the rear brake works pretty well on this bike for those situations so hopefully even if I never get the hang of keeping the Rekluse engaged I can work around it.

So far I'm very happy with the change.

Just as a note - this is my first autoclutch on any bike, so I may be easily impressed...
Great input from a new user.

As you have found this stays engaged as long as your RPMS are above IDLE. Same for steep desents. Run low gear. The Rekluse will only be able to hold you back so much, just as a stock clutch would, the lower the gearing the slower you can go before it free wheels.

You can drag the rear brake now with less worry of locking up the wheel and killing the bike. Concentrate on your line and less on your clutch control.

Safe travels,
cj
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote