View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #80
chabon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Epilogue

Epilogue:

A listing of the aftermath/carnage:

Puking fuel syndrome, followed by puking oil (bike, not me)
Bent pannier racks
Broken buckle on Wolfman bags
Slightly melted and deformed side panel
Mashed finger and sore shoulder
Some new patina and scratches

Would I do anything different? Maybe smaller bike if going on the less traveled roads. What would I take that I didn’t: extra pair of shoes for water crossings, motorcycle cover ( which I unpacked at the last minute). Get international roaming or a phone card that WORKS. What would I leave behind: some clothes, only take one tube (front, which will fit rear), tactical wallet.

Pretty small list, the puking fuel was fixed with new o-rings at the needle valve seats. Unfortunately the puking oil means splitting the case (counter balance shaft seal)

Got a big pipe (the plumbing kind, not the smoking kind) and pried the pannier racks back into position. New buckle to fix the Wolfman bag. A heat gun and some bending got the side panel fixed. The finger and shoulder are healing, thank you. I had physical therapy lined up for my shoulder before the trip as it was giving me problems for awhile.

The scratches, they might buff out, but I think I will leave them as a reminder of a great trip. Cheaper than a sticker and they have a real story behind them.

Here is a link to my Spot track at Spotwalla
http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=41654f497c9b47203

(you can adjust the number of dots by changing the ‘fill’ at left side of screen)

GPS Tracks for the copper canyon area (Creel to Navajoa) can be downloaded here:
?
Dualsportmaps.com
http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=103666

(
Total trip mileage 2605)

The biggest danger to me in Mexico was myself!

Chabón - F650 Funduro - WR250X

chabon screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 04:18 PM
chabon is online now   Reply With Quote