View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by togume View Post
Hate putting a "me too" type reply, but... me too!

Actually, mine issue seems to be a little different; Since about 4 weeks ago I've noticed that it's gotten progressively harder to start the bike. I used it throughout the Minnesota winter (at least a couple times a month), and throughout that time it fired right up. However, now that the weather has started to improve, I've been ramping up on the riding.

This morning, after not riding for ~5 days, I cranked and cranked, but no start.

I will be doing the following:
* Checking fuel level (doubt it, since it's been deteriorating over time)
* Check battery health
* Check voltage going to fuel pump
* Tap fuel injectors as I crank

If anyone has any ideas regarding the fact that it got progressively worse, It'd be appreciated.

Wish me luck!

------------------------UPDATE------------------------

Followed Joel's instructions. Tapping on the injector through the right-hand side triangle did it. Went to auto-parts store for some Techron, but they only had Seafoam, so got a pint of that. Put in 4 OZ of the stuff on a mostly full tank, and rode around for a few miles. Turned her off, came back a while later, and fired right up.

Will update if anything changes.

Thanks for the tips and great write ups, crew!
Keep running techron concentrate in every tank for a while, but good chance the screwdriver trick worked and saved you $500 bucks which I love as am no longer in BMW service lol :)
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote