View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
I`m just concerned that if you hit the brake hard while in a dip in the road that the tire may contact the fender or cooler and launch your butt over the bars when the tire stops turning........so don`t be posting pics of you squished against tree....don`t wanna see you get hurt bud

Otherwise it looks sturdy enough..but i`d paint the hose clamps black,,it`d blend in better,,the ones Mark provided were black,,not as noticeable...

B
I hope I didn't sound defensive; that was not my intention. I appreciate you feedback, and your concern, Brian. I might do as Red suggested, and pop the caps off the forks as an experiment.

Incidentally, I agree with you regarding the Sutton oil cooler. Mark's oil cooler is not only very functional, it is a work of art. Mark's oil cooler is also, obviously, a labor of love. I doubt Mark makes more than $0.25/hour fabricating all the parts for his excellent oil cooler.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote