View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #28
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
258degF AFTER the oil cooler?? (looking at the pics) that doesn't sound right....
Yes, at the end of 26-mile, full throttle run on the freeway, my oil temperature slowly rose to 258 degrees. I backed off the throttle to 65 mph, and the oil temperatures kept dropping for 3 miles. Then I turned off my exit, and the freeway experiment was over.

Please note, I intentionally installed my temperature probe in the oil line closest to the engine, before the oil enters my oil cooler.

I placed the probe in this location in order to get a reading as close as possible to the temperature of the oil inside the engine. In contrast, the XRs Only temperature gauge is located in the oil reservoir, which probably contains the coolest oil in the system.

If someone will loan me an XRs Only temperature gauge, I will be glad to compare the temperatures simultaneously, at both locations. I would return the XRs Only temperature gauge after a few days of experimentation.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote