View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
SoosCreek OP
Angle of Repose...

Oddometer: 121
Day 9, April 9th 100 miles, San Ignacio, Baja Sur, Mexico to Mulege, Baja Sur, Mexi

This day we decided to move on down the peninsula to a new location. Matt called a parts store in El Vizcanio that they would have a metric bolt that would fit. He decided to head back to El Vizcanio, about an hour away back, to get the bolt and not take a chance on Santa Rosalia.

Zack and I packed up and headed down toward Mulege where we had made plans to meet up with Matt later in the day. We got to Mulege, toured the town, waited for Matt for a couple of hours but he did not show. So we decided to head down to one of the beaches to camp for the night. We figured Matt could meet us there.

We chose the first major beach, it costs 80 pesos to get a Palapa for the night. The beach was still mostly full, but there was one space available. Supposedly it was 3-4 cars deep on the beach for the last week and they even had a carnival.

Zach and I set up camp, walked in the water, etc. then went to the restaurant on the beach for dinner. The restaurant was interesting. Group of Americans and Canadians get together for a poker game. About 8 of them, not sure how often, but probably all sharks by my read. We ordered dinner and guess who shows up? Matt. He had secured his bolt and wondered down the coast to meet up with us.

It appears he was able to find a hardened bolt to his liking and had it cut to meet the length. So all was go on that front. He then cruised to Mulege and hung out with some interesting Vietnam Vets at some establishment before coming down to meet up with us. He has to tell that story…

2011 West Coast Swing | 2012 Trekking Baja and Copper Canyon

SoosCreek screwed with this post 04-18-2012 at 09:11 AM
SoosCreek is offline   Reply With Quote