View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #19
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
I thought about replying as a PM, but decided against it as there might be some interest from others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Here's a list of things I've added or changed to prepare the FE motorbike for dual sport travel to start this off:

2011 FE570S
Scotts Performance damper - I have the Ohlins.
Scotts Performance Metal Oil Filter - me too. So far so good.
14/45 gearing - thinking about trying this. currently at 13/50. How well does 14/45 work for you on the trail?
Highway Dirt Bike hand guards - love them. Really like the stealth mirrors too. Did you have any issues with ignition clearance? I couldn't get my key into the ignition and I have to relocate the ignition switch.
Bullet Proof radiator guards ( I have a thing with dropping bikes on just the right big rock) - I've been lucky so far, but it's on my list.
Trail Tech map switch - Not sure about this one. Do you feel this is a useful mod?
HID 55w headlight purchased from Paul on the Unofficial Husa forum, KTM ATV light converted to HID. - Is this a bolt on mod? No "adjustment" necessary?
Moved gauges up 1.5 inch to match the bar rise with a simple aluminum bracket I made - Got a pic?
Can-Am inline fuel filter # 709000100 - On my list. I have the KTM inline filter mod (the 20 micron filter).
Shorai 14a battery - I have a different brand, but a recommended mod.
Enduro Engineering tail with LED lights
Hmmm... I have a number of these - see notes inline.
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote