View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #393
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post

That's one of the 2011 Mexican 1000 roadbooks. I made them using my own set of tools, which include Excel, Google Earth, Acrobat, and several software tools I created myself. Most of the tulip drawings in that one were drawn by NORRA (Ken Cameron), which I copied over into this roadbook format. I sent a PDF of the roadbook to crankshaft, and his wife worked it into a continuous form that could be printed on that wide format printer. The whole process is WAY more time consuming than you could imagine. Creating the official GPS file was a piece of cake compared to the roadbooks.

I made the roll charts for the Nevada Rally moto one year. It took forever....a lot more work than I had anticipated. Had to use Excel to splice everything togetether and printed multiple sheets of 11x17 which I sliced with a giant paper cutter and shipped out. I think I got a thanks for the effort and that was it. Not too thrilled about doing that again.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote