View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #29
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
How well does 14/45 work for you on the trail?

It works just fine so far, of course it would be better at times to have lower gearing but that's the price I pay for wanting to ride my dirt bike everywhere. 65-70 on pavement and the motor is just humming along nicely, with up to 90 mph spurts possible if needed to pass or whatever. A little clutch work in 1st in the tight knarly climbs.
I'm running 13/50 right now and I have a 14 tooth sitting on the bench. I think I'm going to try 14/47 as a compromise. I also have a Rekluse CORE EXP still sitting in the box...

Quote:
HID 55w headlight purchased from Paul on the Unofficial Husa forum, KTM ATV light converted to HID. - Is this a bolt on mod? No "adjustment" necessary?

It is a total plug and ride mod, same wiring harness, same mounts, same headlight mask.
Since it's not technically a DOT light, though there's talk of the parking light being legal enough for daytime running light, I added a couple of aluminum brackets so I can dip the light up or down, even while riding to not bling the cages while riding on pavement at night. During the day I have it tipped up to be most conspicuous like it would be without the brackets, blind em I say! (during the day)
Granted in SoCal cops and drivers seems to be pretty laid back about this sort of thing, back around Chicago where I'm from people/cops are so friggin' uptight about stupid crap it might be another story. YRMV.
The beam shape is nice and useful for tight slow riding and it has also a long throw, night and day compared to stock, or even a Trail Tech X2 HID light.... having ridden at night with some guys with them, it blows them away and is much cheaper.
I think I'll be sending some $$$ Paul's way shortly...

Quote:
No issues with ignition switch clearance for me with the HDB bars, not even close....
I poached this photo from your smugmug gallery:

Interesting... The original key location for mine was right where the right-side HDB bar mounts to the boss. I see your ignition key sticking out the right side there. I looked at the parts fiche and it seems that I have some odd ignition / warning light / speedo mount bracket. I've just ordered the stock parts from my local KTM deal (since they're all stock KTM parts anyway).
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote