View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #33
MrBracket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

Mr. Bracket, aren't you the guy with the nifty trailer on your FE? Would you mind sharing some info about your rig in this thread?
Here’s a few pics of my bike and setup for Adventure Riding… Mine is not actually an FE, it’s an FX450, but still a 70deg Husaberg!!!

The biggest improvement I’ve made is getting a second wheel-set for Adventure riding. ProCycle built me this set of adventure wheels. The rear is basically a super-moto wheel, 17” diameter and 4-1/4” wide black Sun rim with a blue RAD cush drive hub. The front is a 19” diameter and 2-3/4” black Sun rim with blue RAD hub. The tires are Kenda Big Blocks, a 150/70-17 rear and a 110/80-19 front. You can find more info at www.procycle.us

My overall goal was to keep my berg light and easy to convert back to a dirtbike. I really enjoy riding hardcore trails one weekend and riding to the coast on backroads the next. I didn’t want to add the subframe tank or any other oversize tank for adventure riding. Husaberg did a great job of centralizing the weight on this bike and making it feel very light when moving, I didn’t want to change that. My rear tail light / license plate assembly comes off with two bolts and a 5-prong trailer light plug. My front windscreen is attached to my GPS holder and is also easy to remove. In short order I can put my stock wheelset on the bike and be back to the lightweight berg that I love so much.

To make longer trips possible, I needed to be able to haul gear and gas… Enter the moto-mule trailer!! With no tools, I can attach or detach this adventure trailer to my husaberg and have the ability to carry more than I’d ever need. I make these trailers myself and have a website at www.moto-mule.com

Here is a partial list of what I’ve added to my berg:
ProCycle Dual Sport Wiring Harness (the FX450 had no wiring for lights)
TrailTech DOT Headlight
LED Blinkers and Tail Light
Folding mirrors
Slipstreamer Windscreen
Seat Concepts Seat
Fastway Footpegs
Enduro Engineering Radiator Guards
Cycra Handguards
Garmin Rino 530Hcx GPS

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote