View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #70
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLeroy View Post
Now that you've proven that the 4 x 4 cooler works as well as the 4 x 6 cooler that I used I'll probably go out to the garage this afternoon with a lawn chair and a six-pack, stare at the bike and think about re-doing my oil cooler. The 4 x 6 unit just didn't seem to have adequate clearance tucked against the down tube, either in the horizontal or vertical orientation. The 4 x 4 unit, however, seems to fit just fine.

Sideways mounting addresses any questions that others have raised in the past about adequate cooler draining (ports facing upward) or "airlock" by-passing any internal cooler passages (ports facing downward). Thanks... I think.

You're welcome.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote