View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #46
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Oddometer: 367
What a day. I don't think I've done a race as dusty as this one or at least the lack of any wind made it seem more dusty. I had a great start and was soon at a dead stop when riders in front were dropping there bikes in the deep sand. As soon as I got going again a rider beside me washed out and just as soon as I was able to get stopped his head hit my left leg. Total carnage. After the sand we finally started heading north on the harder packed whoops and that's where the dust was so thick I could barely see my front fender. All you could do was ride slow and try to see the edges of the trail. We then crossed the dirt road about at the area you pay the knolls fee. We then headed east and finally the sand whoops were broken up with stretches of flat where i could get enough off to the side to be in clean air and pin it and start passing. After some time out east we headed back west and into the foothills and rocks. Very fun rocky two track where I was able to make up time lost in the sand. Then south through more sand whoops and then after the south checkpoint we headed back north and into a tight twisty wash. We then were zig zagging in the mountains and then dropped down into the deep beach like sand and whoops back to the pits. Rinse and repeat. I did the second loop about the same as the first except at the last section of deep sand whoops I felt energized, pinned it and blew past three riders I had been chasing since the south check point.
It was a great race but I didn't think I was doing as well as I actually did.
1st in my class out of about 10-13 riders.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335062321.638862.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  11.0 KB
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote