View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #105
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikeboy1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Apologies for highjacking this thread but I'm after some advice . I'm a disabled rider ( cannot use my right arm/hand due to an accident ) who currently rides a Suzuki DRZ400 supermoto and a Spondon Harley Sportster flattracker which both have Rekluse clutches installed . I've also had a KTM 640 Adventure which also had a Rekluse installed . The ability to ride without the added complication of having to use a clutch lever has been invaluable and personally I think the Rekluse clutches are amazing ! I'm hoping to pick up a KTM 950 Adventure in the not-too-distant future and would like to fit it with one of the new EXP clutches . However, am I right in thinking that unlike the Z-Start Pro's which I've used in the past , you need to retain the clutch lever with the EXP ? As I am looking to not use the clutch lever at all would I be better served with the older Z-Start Pro which, from prior experience , can be used without utilising the clutch lever ?
I must clarify here that the 950 will be used solely on the street !
I'm in the UK and although I have been in contact with the Rekluse importer here they are , I think , relatively new to Rekluse's and cannot comment decisively on whether the LC8 EXP needs the clutch lever retaining or not .
I am hoping that an inmate can provide clarification on this !

Cheers ,

Steve
Hi Steve,

You would be looking for the Z-start Pro as the EXP needs the clutch lever for proper setup. Rekluse is great help and you can email them for more help too.

Great to see that you are still on a bike. Safe travels.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote