View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #39
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,367
Cool update.

I had been searching for a video from the last national enduro that was in MN. One of the vids showed a log crossing with a left turn immediately following. The fastest guys used the little wheel rut before the log as a ramp to jump it. Landed and used the tree to bounce the front wheel to the left and set up that turn.

The vid showed a number of pros hitting it followed by a number of B and C riders. The amount of time that many of the B and C riders lost was amazing.

Fast guys are fast everywhere. They are also confident. Now that you have done it, you will do it in the next race. Normal 'c-rider choke points' will be spots where you pass.

Awesome.

Have you had your suspension valved and sprung for your weight and riding ability??? I would imagine that you have taken care of your race sag. If you have not, check that and set it before the Watts clinic. It sounds like you might need stiffer springs in your fork too. I would bet that Watts goes over that and may even have discounts coupons from his sponsors.

A couple of friends that trail ride primarily and race just a couple of times a year had their suspensions done. Both agreed that it was the best money they spent for making it easier to go faster. Both also agreed that money spent on suspension was waaaay smarter than money spent on making the motor more powerful.