View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #77
novaboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Bummer about the race Silver, and the eye, hope it heals up fast. I find around here there are not a lot of races to begin with, most are over in the next province, so its a bit of a drive. Nova Scotia definitely has a more organized off road racing and riding association compared to New Brunswick where I am. There is a good dual-sport club here and their forum is a good place to find out whats going on.

You would think that race organizers would do as much as they can to attract more people to an event, doesn't make sense.

I got out for a little, very little ride today. There's a short 1/2km single track loop across the street from my house that I went for a spin on, lots of roots, and some tight corners. The little XR just ran over it all, what a difference from riding a mountain bike. I'll try and get some GoPro video of it this week.

The 250R is a good little bike, starts up pretty easy 2nd or 3rd kick when its cold and first kick when its warmed up. It's also very easy to ride, I felt comfortable almost right away, with very manageable power, although I really have nothing to compare it to, other than the street/dual-purpose bikes I've been on.

https://www.youtube.com/user/fundypaddlesurf/videos
novaboy is offline   Reply With Quote