View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #73
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,555
Went down teh the Spring Frolic in the Forest last weekend. Believe it or not, I took a few pictures.

Day 1

Rode down with DRriderJohn following the Trans-eastern Trail most of the time. Great ride and good company.

Michaux SF is really starting to wake up. Wish that I could have snapped even one picture of the 15 or so turkeys we saw. You will have to settle for a picture of Ridge Road.

Somewhere in Maryland

Somewhere in Virginia, I think

Moore's Ford in Virginia

Now we are in West Virginia

Howard Lick River Road. Never saw the river, and have no clue who Howard licked, but the road is freakin' outstanding. 10mph switchbacks stacked three and four deep, roller coaster feeling between the switchbacks and we didn't see a single car the entire time we were on it.

Another terrible view in WV. Why do I even bother coming down here?

Of course, when one visits WV, a ride up to Dolly Sods is pretty much required.

Caught up to some other riders on Middle Mountain Road.

It was a great ride, but after 350 miles, about 40% gravel/dirt, I was happy to pull into camp. So happy that I forgot to take a picture.

Anyway, there is Day 1 of the trip. There are a lot more photos on my SmugMug page for your further viewing pleasure. Days 2 and 3 are coming soon.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote