View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
Love Hate List

Will edit this as my running post of equipment and things that I love and hate. Mostly about gear and circumstances.

Shame
------------
* Cardo Systems ScalaRider G4 - Intercom and bluetooth system. Only had it 5 months and it has stopped working completely. *Was flaky and required frequent reboots before that. Cardo was completely unhelpful with the warranty. Am replacing with another brand.

Love
-----------
* Indonesian People - Amazingly friendly and helpful. They say that all bikers are brothers and they mean it!
* My Ural - it looks VERY cool, carries lots of stuff.
* Samsung Galaxy SII Phone - Has taken more drops and wetness than it should and still going!
* Canon PowerShot SX230 HS camera - great picture quality, 14x zoom, built in GPS, not too big. Perfect for travel.
* TireGard Trike Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Never have to get my hands dirty for routine tire pressure check again. Did that glass I just ran over puncture the tube? Now I know with a quick glance. Don't even have to stop rolling.

Hate
-----------
* Indonesian roads/driving/drivers - just complete shit. Worse than Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc... I don't recommend anyone to drive here. Completely unenjoyable.
* My Ural - Poor quality control, needs lots of adjusting/modification straight from the factory. Terrible rear drum brakes. Only 4 gears. 1st gear not low enough to stop/start on a moderate hill. 2wd difficult to engage while stopped. Neutral hard to find.
* iPhone 4S - got boned from dampness, not even real water, like a wet finger on the top of the phone. Built in map application sucks, doesn't even have directional arrow. Short battery.

bokad screwed with this post 05-06-2012 at 10:42 PM
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote