Thread: 70's ISDT BMW
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
bmwloco
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,172
Translation from the German site, compliments of Google translate:

'79 Enduro replica
If you bring me asking what the best Enduro machine all the time, I will certainly tell you that it is the BMW of 1979. Unfortunately, none of the seven-mill machinery survives, so I decided a replica building, as close to as possible original. This is the chronicle of its origin I can not speak German (many thanks to Mad for this translation), I will show you many pictures, and little to write. Let's get started. DRAFT enlarged photo in a 1:1 scale drawing of the : After that I was able to control the masses determined on Perez machine (his 78s is practically the same as the factory '79): After I have everything edited in Autocad: Nearly 100 drawings with parts that make on the lathe, are cut by laser, . and drawings of the composition of the various items TEACHING The '79 factory frame is quite different from the BMW standard framework, first had to produce to a new frame theory: FRAME bent tubes in 25CrMo4 and worked with the router. details of sheet metal 25CrMo4 in . different thickness in laser procedures cut . details in chrome-molybdenum steel machined on a lathe, the composition of the frame , the rear subframe is made ​​separately to avoid that the main frame twists in the welding process: The rear subframe is on the main frame attached: making a part (exhaust suspension) using a press: Welding in TIG welding process finisher frame finish: Next time I'll show you how I did the swingarm. bye and see you soon :)
Airhead #371
bmwloco is offline   Reply With Quote