Thread: 70's ISDT BMW
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdt BMW View Post
There is my little racer, Some details, 500cc, 5 ring pistons, standard bore, 34k on motor, cleaned slingers at 30k and replaced all motor bearings as the nose bearing on the cam was bad, lightened flywheel by 4 pounds, reground valves, skid plate from an Ossa, headlight guard from a Jeep, made the high pipes from old headers, crash bars from a /2, the muffler and heat shields are original Hoske 6 days items as is the rear lifting stay, not visible on the other side is a compressed air bottle, axles have tommy bars to facilate one wrench to do quick tire changes, leather tool bags are from Hi-Point, rear rack is an original Witte, number plates from a Penton, visable on crossbar is an enduro route sheet holder with a route sheet from the Berkshires, VDO enduro rubber mount 8 day clock on crossbar, 2 Beru plugs with wrench on crashbar, other side of crashbar has the Hagus mirror, front fender is from old Capitol Cycle stock, it is original paint, still use it in a few vintage enduros. It is an early 57 with the /3 style battery and the small taillight.

Now to build another one as I detailed above.
I've been slowly working on a John Penton R27 ISDT replica. You have inspired me with this bike. Very cool. I've got to get to work.
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote