View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #95
RuskinRowe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Kit Is EXELENT!!

So, I ordered my Kit, Recived it about 15-ish days after payment, which included the Easter public holiday weekend.

It was as described and simple to do with the exception of removing the old bushing.

I tried the Heat + Bolt + Copper Wire but it refused to come out. The next day I tried plastic Cable Tie and bolt but still didn't come out.

I priced a M10 Tread cutter to Cut it's way in and remove the old bush but they where a little on the high price side (Not so much though).

Finally I thought about a broken bolt remover. It was $8. Some places call them screw extractors?

ABOVE: Screw Extractor digs into the Bushing and makes it very easy to pull out.

It came out EASY with this and the rest of the job was VERY simple.

Somthing not many people are talking about, and maybe it's obvious, but for any Newby out there wanting to do this, Dont forget you WILL need to Throttle Body Sync afterwards, and if you do the Left side (?) you will need to do the ZERO=ZERO job for the position sensor.

A Big Thanks to Cata Dan for making this fantastic Kit. Much cheaper then paying someone else to rebuild my units.

-Bryan.
RuskinRowe is offline   Reply With Quote