Thread: Gymkhana
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Vulfy, the race timer you posted is the exact same one that I linked, just resold by "Slip angle Racing." I doubt they have any stock, they probably just drop ship it from China anyway. IMO, I would order directly from dragonwarrier on eBay. They even worked with me on shipping arrangements, got it in no time at all.

Link again to the original listing for "Bestlap" timers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/bestlap-lap-...item3cb98e72eb

Keep in mind that the course has you starting and finishing on opposite sides of the start cone, so you need TWO beacons set up back-to-back so your receiver has something to pick up on both sides of the cone. (The start cone needs to be set back as shown. if you put the beacons on cone 1 the timer will pick up the IR signal when you go around 4-1-5.)

Just buy one additional beacon, or even better, get two of those transmitter/timer sets so you can have fun with a friend.

Have fun, the course is a serious ball-buster. 4-1-5 will have you testing the limits of traction in a big arc, 4 (second pass) requires the right entry angle, and 3 (second pass) is just a bitch of a 270...then it's WOT to the finish.

MotoMind screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 01:02 PM
MotoMind is offline   Reply With Quote