Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #33
ontic

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar83 View Post
Here is the standard caliper and adaptor pictured next to the new rotor

Here is the Spacer plate on order

Great project!

Are those forks really WP50's? I haven't seen those fork lowers before- they look quite different to any I have seen online before.
I've seen two different fork lowers that differ in their caliper bracket lugs only, the forks like mine that came with 260mm rotors, and forks from other ktms that came with 300mm rotors.
You can see both in a post I made from the Unholy Union II thread
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=192
basically the 300mm equipped forks had lugs that stuck out further. Yours have entirely different fork lowers (with a little KTM logo and all). I'm just interested as these are the forks I've gone with and intend to keep for a very long time so I want to know everything I can about them.

I also thought those HE relocation brackets were to move the stock bracket for a 260mm rotor out in order to fit a 320mm rotor? Maybe they make one for 260-300 as well. As I never actually had a stock caliper bracket on hand, I've knocked together my own caliper bracket thing (out of two later brackets for USD forks) for a 320mm rotor that I am using with the KTM brembo master cylinder.
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...5042012277.jpg
Seems very 'responsive' on the road but no time on the dirt yet. It seemed to handle a full knobby on wet bitumen without being too sensitive, so I think it should be OK for the dirt too. Hardwaregrrl who posted before is running a 320mm rotor (with G/S master cylinder I think) and has a fair bit of time in the dirt with it.

Anyway, love your work. It is looking fantastic. I've been subscribed since your first post, but it was time for a post.
Cheers,
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote