View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #431
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
So I've been playing around with a few different ideas with the help of Crankshaft and Pilo, here's the next iteration, the roadbook mount can rotate in the event of a crash if tightened just right, but I plan on an adjustable turn buckle kicker for mine. The side plates bolt onto a plate sandwiched between the upper triple and the lower handlebar clamp that cantilevers out front, on the rider side there is a subplate that the damper mounts to that is adjustable. On KTM's this stackup mounts with all 4 M10 bolts in the upper triple making it pretty strong. The lower mount goes to the 2 M6 threaded holes in the lower triple.

With 2 Baja Designs Squadrons, these have 4 Cree XML LED's pull only 44watts and are very bright.

The second Squadron comes into use with the removal of 4 small screws that hold the bezel of the headlight mask, then reattach the stock bezel, will be refining that. The headlight mask can mount on either the top or bottom Squadron. Trying to keep a street legal looking setup to keep the scrutiny down.

Night time veiw of the Squadrons. They are very nice!

Only been able to take it out a few times after work and have yet to do a long ride with it, but so far I haven't noticed any strange handling from it, and for the time being I have the brake and speedo lines ziptied to the handguards as there doesn't appear to be anything for them to hang up on except branches and bushes.

I'd like to find a 3-3.5" HID that has a good focus to replace the lower Squadron for better throw, might end up trying to make one.

The next version w/frame mount, if I can stop dicking with the rest of it.

Let me know what you think and as always be brutal.

Wow! That is awesome I will have to pass this along immediately.

Gordon BD
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote