Heya fellow ADVer's.
Welcome to our trip of a life time, we are Two Moto Kiwis, our blog is www.twomotokiwis.com
We are Andi & Ellen Delis from Wanaka in Central Otago New Zealand, see here. www.wanaka.co.nz
I have been owned by 37 bike over 33 years, Ellen has only been riding the last two years.
We left New Zealand May 3rd leaving behind friends and family, our jobs and most of our responsibilities to come see America from top To Bottom, we have started in Anchorage AK and we are setting up here, Barb and Victor from Alaska Leather http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/StoreFront
have been absolutely instrumental in seeing TMK get off the ground so our heart found thanks goes to these guys.
Our plan is to travel around in Alaska first off then go to Prudhoe Bay, catch up with fello ADVers in Dawson at the D2D gathering, head north to Inuvik, fly up to Tuktayuktuk then head south taking in the middle and west side of Canada, USA, Mexico, Central then South America down to Ushuaia ... then decide where to go from there money and time dependent.
We are riding two DR 650s, Ellen has a 2011 White one, mine is a 2012 Grey one, both new through Alaska Leather, we decided given the distance we will travel and cost to ship my bike from NZ we both will start on new machinery.
We are running Safari 30 L Tanks, screens from Screens For Bikes in Australia, Sargent seats, Bark Buster Storm, AME heated grips, Garmin 660 GPS and my bike has a YSS damping, both bike have Intiminators.
In the next post we will show the gear we have chosen, we have to wait until Ellens trousers arrive
We have some acknowledgments to make first off to the people and businesses that been been of great help and sponsored us with product, I no particular order they are
ARAI Helmets USA
- Have sponsored us with the new XD4 Adventure helmets, Ellens in White, mine in Fluro Yellow, these things rock, I have an ARAI Chaser for my road helmet and these have met all the expectations for teh same quality fit and finish.
Klim Adventure Gear
- Have sponsored my Adventure Rally Jacket and Badland Pro pants as well as the Inferno warm layer top and bottom, this is the best gear I have ever worn in my life and I am very grateful to be wearing the best gear to cover all conditions.
Kevin and Keiko
from Te Anau New Zealand - Keiko designed and drew our cards and logos, seriously cool given I don't have an arty bone in my body.
from Kaiapoi in New Zealand - sponsored our Kincrome luggage cases.
from New Zealand - sponsored our Merino gruds, socks and longs johns, we love Merino clothing and Icebreaker as it tolerates smelly stinky adventure bikers without stinking like cotton does and it is very warm to layer up with.
- Barb and Victor, I simply can't say enough so I won't even try. Legends they are getting two foreigners of the ground in style.
- sponsored our Barkbuster Storms which Ellen has already crash tested and saved our first set of levers.
- sponsored our low height comfort seats, they have saved our arse from one end of the planet to the other as the factory DR seats or shockers.
Mike and Mei Dawson
in New Zealand for sponsoring a good contribution to riding to to make sure we make it safe back to New Zealand
Screens for Bikes
from Australia, these screens are mint taking the wind blast off our chest and taking the load off our helmets, who says you can't have a few home comforts
So the next post we will put up gear and pics, just got the lappy and camera so learning quickly how to use them so please be patient
Where are we now?