So, I've had a GS850G, 1980, sitting in various garages for the past few years.
Started working on this past weekend, and I cleaned out the carbs.
I used a method from another part of this forum, and just dumped the carbs whole into a bucket of Pine-Sol and water, at about a 25% solution.
God-damn they came out clean! I even took two of them apart, and checked all the jets and needles, and even the tiny holes are all clear.
The outside portion of the carb facing the road is in rough shape, as is the rest of the bike. I'll be working on it this weekend again, and I'll get some pictures up.
This is what she looked like when I bought it: