View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #112
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaVsTheWorld View Post
ha No...

Thought I heard a noise looked down and before I knew it i was over the edge... stupid real.. just shows how quickly shit can change!

one for the story bag...
I've done the same while trail riding narrow single track. One moment of inattention ... and your off! Glad you came out OK!

One advantage I like with my DR650 is it can easily jump off that road and land on its feet on that dirt with no probs ... and I don't even slow for Topes. Ohlins shock, heavy springs, Race Tech Emulators. All good.

On my first ever Central America trip (1974) I traveled with friends in a big Camper (Cab over type) We were basically on a Surf trip to El Salvador and Costa Rica. We toted my little Honda 50 step through ... and many times that little bruiser turned out to save the day ... and saved our butts. I eventually bailed out of the trip (in El Salvador where I stayed a couple months surfing) I ended up riding the Honda 50 all the way to Oaxaca, Mex. where I met a friend and got a lift for me and bike back to US. Gone 6 months on that trip. I've done 2 or 3 more since.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote