View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
Matt 82 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
2 updates coming up. First one's a wee one, second is a big one.

These pics are from a few days ago. Decided to take another trip towards the forth bridges but this time from the north side. Strangely enough the bridges look much the same but the area around the north side isn't as good. It's just not as easy to navigate around as it is on the south bank. After I took these photos I made my way back towards more familiar roads.

Forth Bridge, north side:

North Queensferry:

On the way back I noticed some nice colours in distant fields. It's the sight that gives every hay fever sufferer nightmares (though Wikipedia tells me it's not a proven cause). Rapeseed. In the UK we don't use it that much, but as our climate is perfect for it we grow it here and sell it to EU countries. You find it all over the place these days. It makes for pretty pictures.

Rapeseed field:

I headed for Loch Lubnaig. This is a road familiar to most Scottish bikers. Not only is it a road that leads to many beautiful places, it's also beautiful itself. And fun If I continue with this thread into the future and you continue reading it, you're likely to see a shed load of pictures of Loch Lubnaig. The Loch looked especially beautiful on this day. The water was like glass.

Loch Lubnaig:

So I was heading south and home. By the time I reached Stirling the weather had picked up a bit so I decided to grab a few pictures of the Wallace Monument. It, as the name suggests, is a monument built to commemorate William Wallace. It was after taking this first picture however that I realised that I had left my camera memory card back at the house and since the in-built memory is feeble, I had used it all up with these few pictures. So I have one solitary photo of the Wallace Monument. It's not even a good one.

The Wallace Monument:

Obviously there aren't any more from that trip. I did a fairly substantial trip today though and have a load of photos to show you. Which will be coming up soon.

My Flickr

Matt 82 screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 08:04 PM
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote