View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #123
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Another thing that goofed me up good was having the Odo be a little bit off. I would reset to the tulip usually at every known turn, (or not if it was right on) but it was funny, sometimes being off by a tenth or two didnt matter, sometimes it made all the difference.
Sounds like a heap of fun, I wish I lived closer to the location

Two things when you are constantly "off" in your distances: If you use an ICO, set it to Auto Correct in the settings... the ICO picks up how much you add/subtract every time you make a correction, and self-corrects the diameter entered.

The other thing, on which I always insist on getting spot-on to the point of being labelled anal, is riding and re-riding the organizer's "calibration kilometer", or in your case mile, and then using millimeters (all four digits of the value entered in the diameter field) to get it exactly right... did you guys have one?

On multi day rallies, as your front mousse dies, you might need to re-calibrate as well...

I soooo wish I could make it to one of these, as my CAP navigation skills are zero...