View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccrary View Post
Very nice shots. Thanks for sharing. I have tried to do some HDR shots in the past but at the time I didnt have a remote and I was still bumping the camera so my final image was a bit blurry after all the shots were overlaid. I reformatted my hard drive and lost my hacked version of photoshop. Need to get back into working on that again.
You might give Photomatix a try. 99% of my HDR's were shot with the camera handheld and the program has done an excellent job of overlaying them accurately. Not perfect, but certainly acceptable. Three of the four cameras I use currently can be set to automatically bracket a shot, which helps. The downside is that they can only be set to under- and over-expose by one f-stop (1 EV) each way. For special scenes, that are worth the extra effort, the tripod comes out and I'll do a total of five exposures, from -2 f-stops to + 2 f-stops. Photomatix has no trouble with any number of exposures I throw at it.

You can download and sample the full Photomatix program at no charge. It will add a watermark to the photos before you pay for the program, but you can put it through its paces to see how well you like it.
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote