View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #108
Singletrack_mind
Cave Man

Oddometer: 365
Holans survive a really hard hit

I'm pretty happy with my Holan bars and have crashed on them a lot. Last week they really paid for themselves. On the first day of a 6 day trip, on a really rocky climb, I got bounced off line and rammed a huge rock jutting out from the hillside. This was a square edged boulder, utterly immovable, the visible portion about the size of two refrigerators. I hit it right on the leading edge of the uppermost loop of the crashbars, right side. This is just an inch or two from the radiator. The bars sustained serious damage, but the radiator was untouched. Without these bars, my ride would have ended right there.

Haven't decided yet whether to repair or replace, but the beauty of it is that I don't have to do anything at all right now, just keep riding : )

Postscript: When I looked into replacing the right side crash bar I discovered that as of May 2012 the Holan bars are no longer being imported to the USA. End of this thread!

Singletrack_mind screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 09:04 PM Reason: Holan bars no longer available
Singletrack_mind is offline   Reply With Quote