View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #51
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer: 951
Talking The Long Arm of the Law

Iowa was beckoning with some ADV hospitality courtesy of ZLTFUL (Ryan), his wife Robin and their collection of pets, Jed, the wire-haired terrier was a mad bundle of energy and extremely friendly. The cats were a bit more reserved until I tried getting to sleep on the sofa that night and they weren't impressed.
R&R kindly took me on a tour around the Bridges of Madison County, just down the road from where they live.

This was Cedar Bridge, the grafitti was a bit off-putting, but they are really great historic bridges.

The next morning it was time to get back on the road, Ryan led me through town on his Ducati and then said goodbye,

just minutes later I heard a siren and was pulled over by someone from teh Polk Cunty Sherrif''s Department. Although I have got insurance for the US I hadn't actually had a chance to print it out. I think it may be considered a bit naughty to not have it with you or in the vehicle (unlike the UK). The bloke was not very friendly at all, he had decided that because I had a funny looking number plate, I must be a dodgy person. He demanded all my documents, "oh no" I thought, "this is me getting done for it" and so took diversionary action, launching into a long monolgoue about where my motorbike is from and all the countries I've been to on it. I talked non-stop until, in the end he got so bored of hearing me speak (or else just thought I was a nutter) and told me to go.

He obligingly posed for a picture before I took off.

www.tiffanystravels.co.uk
Tiffany's youtube video
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote