View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #131
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,528
Received this from Peter and thought it should be posted here (with is permission)...

... Jimmy is a great instructor and person, his facility and location is perfect and the entire program was outstanding. His passion and enthusiasm for rally is genuine. Having Jonny and his team there was unbelieveable. The range of terrain you and Jimmy lead us through is beautiful. I enjoyed the scenery as much as anything. I noticed a similarity with Dakar; the journey is also a tour through beautiful places.

The roadbooks routes were challenging and rewarding. The B loop had some of the trickiest navigation in my opinion and produced a sense of accomplishment upon completion. All of the routes were enjoyable, and Jimmy sequenced them well. I was definately blown away by the whole deal and can see how people get caught up in roadbook navigation. I am hooked. I also can see how repeating a route would go quicker, would not be as challengeing, and would burn in the turns. Driving by Dumont was a real tease on the way home, and I am anxious to get back and do the routes you sent.

The excercise where we built roadbooks was insightful and gave me great appreciation for the work that goes into creating the roadbooks. It is difficult to make a book, and even more difficult to do it well.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and skill with others who desire learning how to navigate. I have my work cut out for me. Jimmy makes a lot of sense when he states that learning to navigate well will shave more time than focusing on just riding faster. I hope to compensate for what I lack in raw speed with mindful navigation.

Respectfully,

Peter
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote