Howdy adventurers, ive just registered and have enjoyed reading this site,I am about to purchase a new 2012 ktm 690 enduro R but I have a few questions for any of you 2012 690 enduro R owners.
From what i can ascertain so far, the 2012 enduro R is a good bike but it has some issues those being
- bad tank bolts
- radiator fan shroud and blades wearing into radiator quickly
- leaking coolant on metal pump face thingo
- stalling at idle at lights,ecu fuel tuning etc
- polycarbonate sub frame ?
- rubber fuel or coolant? hose needs to be zip tied to frame to avoid wear
Are there any other problems with the 2012 model anyone knows of. I thought they had redesigned it for 2012 to rectify some of the issues but have they !?
I like the idea of the 690 R because although its heavy, with the right front fork rebuild and rear shock rebuild it is one of the more powerfull designs with a full exhaust making 70 -75 hp at the rear wheel all day long,
i know its not a 570 fe but its not so aggresively tuned and will last much longer between rebuilds.
if the 690 is on the verge of stalling out etc often making it tiresome ,WOULD I be better of waiting for the 2013 ENDURO R ?
Thanks in advance.