View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #257
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Is the Athena jug a std cylinder with a bigger bore (and therefore thinner wall more prone to over heating) or is it a stand alone cylinder of comparable wall thickness?
Oops...didn't notice your post for awhile. Guess I should subscribe to my own Thread...eh?

I think its a stand-alone unit, as you say. I believe Athena makes their cylinder from scratch, not simply boring an OEM out. I say that, because the Athena name is in the casting. I did not compare wall thickness between the two. So, I couldn't say for certain how that compares.

I've not experienced any overheating issues to speak of.....and spared it no mercy when riding (as usual). I've never made any surface temperature measurements of either cylinder in operation. Frankly, never cared about it myself. I don't ponder, wonder, or even think about it anymore.....I just ride it. She's been running great every since I finished with this project. No problems, no worries, for me.

I will admit my Husaberg affair has been interfering with my Rē relationship a little bit. So, she's not seen as many miles as she might have otherwise. But so far, all's well.

HF

p.s. if I had it to do all over again, I would have bought the Husaberg sooner, and left the WRR stock.
For the money.....just sayin. Not meaning to discount my modified WRR any. She's a real fine ride indeed, especially now: Mobile, Agile, & Hostile! She came with the first two characteristics. I have added the third. The extra pulling torque is very nice to have.
Athena Big Bore Project

HighFive screwed with this post 05-21-2012 at 06:20 AM
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote