View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #145
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 853
Lousy Video

With trepidation I'm posting my first 'edited' video ever. It sucks the sweat from the testicles of a leathery Sheri's Hotel security guard, but at least it might be interesting to someone.

As a taste of the challenge of navigation you can see me blow a turn in an area that has multiple options, and you can see it in the tulip as well. A quick check of the Cap heading fixed my error, but these kinds of challenges were the norm. My favorite was the second to last and last stages. Jimmy covered up parts of the mapbook and had us navigating with partial info....excellent. The last stage was just fun.

Oh, you can also see my degrading nav setup with my electronic Odo dying on day one which meant I had to slap on a mech odo and move my GPS (for CAP) into a very sub par location. But as Jimmy kept reminding us...adapt. At one point on the first day I was riding partials only since my odo kept resetting. I had to try to force it to reset at every important turn. Fun fun!

Oh, and the fact that Johnny, David and Colton just happened to be there hanging, learning and participating for 3 days turned it into something really not describable...

Thanks Jimmy, Johnny and the rest of the guys.
pilo is online now   Reply With Quote